Your Guide In Finding The Best Golf Clubs For Beginners 2017
There are many factors that can have an influence on your performance in golf. Like in the case of any other sport, knowledge is going to be essential and practice makes perfect.
In addition, you also need to invest in the right golf club, which is especially important if you are just learning the fundamentals of the sport. If you are searching for the best golf clubs for beginners, there is no need to look far.
In this guide, I will provide you with some tips in evaluating the possibilities and a rundown of some of the best options that can be taken into consideration.
Nextt Golf Men’s Pro Score N Elite Complete Set
Parts of a Golf Club
Before you start searching for the best, I suggest that you first understand the different parts of a golf club, which will make it easier for you to evaluate the options that are available on the market.
The parts mentioned below are just the main parts. The head, for instance, is further divided into different parts.
- Grip: This is the top part of the golf club and this is the one that you will be holding. It can be made from different materials, such as natural leather, synthetic leather, rubber, and cord. Wraps are known for being friendly even when it is raining.
- Shaft: This is the middle part of the golf club and this is going to act as an extension of your arm. Two of the most common materials for the shaft are steel and graphite. Steel is a material that is heavier, has lesser torque, and stiffer flex.
- Head: This refers to the bottom part of the club. It is important because this is the part that will be directly hitting the ball. Some of the most common materials include steel, tungsten, titanium, or a combination of these materials.
Different Types of Golf Clubs
As you start your research online, you will see different types of golf clubs. Generally speaking, the following are the options that you will be confronted with.
- Woods: This is known for being the club with the farthest ability to propel the ball. Traditionally, it is made from wood, which explains its name.
- Driver: This is the longest from the different types of golf clubs. It usually has a head that is made from titanium, which offers the benefit of being lightweight.
- Irons: The head of this golf club is usually made from metal. If you are a beginner, it would be best to choose ones that come with perimeter-weighted irons.
- Wedges: This is the club that you should use if you wish the hit the ball in such a way that it will be flying high before it lands.
- Putter: This is one of the most used golf clubs. It is commonly used on the putting surface to have the ball rolled towards he hole.
Essential Factors To Consider
In your search for the best golf clubs for beginners, make sure to consider the following factors, among other things:
- Reviews: The first thing that you have to do is to consult with what other people have to say, especially from the online reviews. Ask any novice for recommendations and avoid those that are made for professional players. Consulting with reviews will make it easier for you to see how one is different from the other.
- Weight: As a beginner, it is important to choose a golf club that is lightweight, which means that swinging will be a lot easier for you. Consider the materials that are used to find one that is not heavy.
- Flex: This is one of the features that will be critical to consider for beginners. For novices, it is recommended that the shaft will have more flex. Professionals, on the other hand, would prefer the shaft to be more rigid. Choose one that comes with an average flex, which will also be perfect for people with average swing speed.
- Budget: Since you are looking for a golf club that is perfect for beginners, I suggest that you opt for one that comes with an affordable price. Master the sport first before you invest in more expensive golf clubs with more advanced features.
- Comfort: It will be good if you can personally try the golf club before having it purchased so that you can have an actual feel of it. It must have an ergonomic design. If you feel uncomfortable holding the golf club, your performance will surely be negatively affected.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: I also suggest that you consider one that is easy to clean and maintain. With this, there is surely no need for too much effort on your part, even with prolonged and frequent use, especially considering the fact that as a beginner, you have to practice a lot.
- Materials: Go back to what I have earlier talked about concerning the materials. The grip, shaft, and head should be made from lightweight materials, which will be perfect for anyone who is just starting to learn the fundamentals of the sport.
Top Picks for the Best Golf Clubs for Beginners
In this section, I will provide you with short reviews on some of the options that I personally believe are amongst the best that you will ever be confronted with. I suggest that you narrow down your options to these five brands and models.
Nextt Golf Men’s Pro Score N Elite Complete Set
1. Wilson Ultra Men’s Complete Set
If you ask me about the best golf clubs for beginners, this is another model that I can highly recommend. Wilson is another brand that I believe is unmatched within the product category. I love even their line of golf clubs that are meant specifically for the pros.
This set already comes with 10 clubs. The shafts are made from a combination of graphite and steel, which I found impressive because they combine the benefits of weight and power.
It is also worth noting that the shaft of this model has been rated as Uniflex/Regular, which is another reason why it makes an excellent choice for beginners. It means that it is not too stiff and will perform perfectly even if you only have average swinging speed, which is typical for novices.
The quality of the putter is also worth noting. I suggest this for beginners because it can allow you to gain precision even without trying so hard. This will lessen your frustrations as it is easy to use and can make you hit the ball, provided that it is combined with the right swing.
- Affordable price
- Excellent swing
- Bag has generous storage space
- Head of the driver is prone to breaking
- No color options
2. Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set
When it comes to golf clubs, I always find Callaway to be a dependable brand. I have personally used their golf clubs before and I can attest that they can indeed be an excellent choice for beginners.
One thing that I think you might like is the lightweight and durable stand bag, making it easy for you to be organized. It is made with the use of premium and long-lasting materials.
The set comes with a 460cc forged driver, which comes with a generous sweet spot. When it comes to fairway woods, on the other hand, it has forgiving 3-wood and 5-wood, which has improved head shape. The hybrids, meanwhile, can be an excellent alternative for your long irons. I also loved the putter, which can deliver impressive accuracy.
All in all, the set comes with 18 pieces of everything that you will need to get started with golf. I recommend this model because it is complete and best of all, it comes with a budget-friendly price, making it an ideal choice for an entry-level club set.
- Stylish bag
- 18-piece set
- Comes with head covers
- Putter looks flimsy
- Grip tends to be rough
3. Wilson Men’s 2015 Profile XLS Complete Package Golf Set
If you are a beginner and if you already have a fast swing, this is one of the options that I can highly recommend. The set comes with 11 clubs, 3 head covers, and one lightweight bag. For sure, it has all the clubs that you need to get started in learning golf.
One that I personally loved about this set is the driver, which comes with power weighting technology.
This is one innovative feature that is basically responsible for improving balance and power, even for beginners. The large sweet spot is one more reason why you might enjoy it if you are a beginner.
The irons are made from stainless steel. As I have mentioned earlier, I am not a fan of stainless steel when it comes to weight, but when it comes to durability, hands down, I believe that this is impressive and will make sure that your golf clubs will withstand long-term use.
- Comfortable grip
- Lightweight bag
- Excellent for players with fast swing
- Not suitable for tall players
- Steel shafts can bend
4. Pinemeadow PRE Men’s 16-piece Complete Golf Set
If you are a beginner, I suggest that you start with models that have basic features and cheap price. In this case, this is one that I can recommend. I liked how practical it is in terms of cost, yet its swinging performance and overall quality can be comparable even to more expensive models that you can find on the market.
The carrying bag is also one thing that you will love about this model. It is strapped, which makes it easy to carry. There is plenty of space inside to fit all your clubs. It also comes with a kickstand on the back.
While it is already cheap, it is even made better by the fact that the manufacturer provides 12 free golf balls. Even when you compare it with other choices, no other product can perhaps have such a great freebie.
The stainless steel irons are also worth mentioning. While I am not a fan of such material when it comes to weight, since they can heavy, they are exceptional in terms of strength. It can withstand many years of use because of its rigidity.
- Cheap price
- Free golf balls
- Easy to carry
- Putter is a bit off-balanced
- No 5-wood
5. Nextt Golf Men’s Pro Score N Elite Complete Set
For beginners in golf, I believe that comfort is one of the most important considerations in picking the right golf club. In the case of this model, I loved how the grip is exceptional.
There are thumb placements on each of the clubs, letting you know how exactly you can position your hand for optimal performance in every swing.
Dynamic weight control is one more thing that made me recommend this set of golf clubs. This is excellent not only in forgiveness, but will also make it easier for players to launch properly and swing at a better speed.
Lastly, it should also be noted that the clubs have custom fitted covers. This is going to provide them with the protection that they need from external elements that can possibly affect their quality and functionality.
- Impressive grips
- Powerful swing
- Durable construction
- Hybrids and woods can be too soft
- Bag looks cheap
Which Golf Clubs Should You Buy?
From the discussions that have been made above, if there is one mode that I can recommend for the best golf clubs for beginners, it would be Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set.
It comes with 18 pieces in one set, which is more than what you can find from the four other products that we have recommended. It is ideal for beginners not only because of its affordable price, but also because of its excellent design.
From the weight to the flex, and even to the materials that have been used, I personally believe that this will make the right pick. There are some drawbacks, such as with its putter, but it is not significant enough to make you consider other options.
Indeed, choosing a golf club set is never easy, especially for beginners. I hope that this guide made it easier for you to make a well-informed decision. Happy golfing!
Read more information about: Best Indoor Putting Green