Best Golf Shoes for Walking 2018: What Should You Buy?
Golf is not a sport for lazy people. It might seem simple, but truth is, it can be physically-demanding. It will entail a lot of walking, which becomes more exhausting if you have to do it during a hot day. With this, for your highest level of comfort, it is important to invest in the best golf shoes for walking.
With the right footwear, even if you have to walk for a long time, you will not complain of discomfort. It has excellent traction and stability, which can also prove to be vital in optimizing your performance.
Clueless about which one to choose? Keep on reading. We will provide you with insights on some of the most important factors to consider and we will have a rundown of the top options that can provide the best bang for the buck.
Types of Golf Shoes
Before we proceed, let us first have a quick look at the two common types of golf shoes that are available in the market:
- Spiked Golf Shoe: Also known as cleated golf shoes, they have spikes on the sole, which will allow it to offer unrivalled traction. The spikes are usually made from plastic, which is known for being gentle on the ground. It is an excellent choice if you are looking for stability.
- Spikeless Golf Shoe: Also called street golf shoe, they have a flat sole. It is known for being lightweight and comfortable. You should also choose this if the style is more of your priority than traction. However, this may not be a good choice if you are playing during wet weather.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to differentiate the possibilities in the market, the following are some of the things that should be taken into account:
- Comfort: It is important that the shoe will encourage superior air circulation. When it is well-ventilated, you will feel more comfortable, and in the end, you will have a better game. The quality of the insole is also important. It should provide the cushioning that is needed by your foot.
- Size: The fitment of the shoe is another essential consideration. Take note that sizes can be different from one manufacturer to the other. With this, it will be good to fit the shoe before buying. If you are purchasing online, take note of the policies for returns in case the size turns out to be wrong.
- Traction: The least that you would want is to end up slipping while playing, especially if the surface is wet. With this, pay attention to the design of the outsole. See to it that it can deliver strong grip, which will also help to promote stability.
- Style: Golf shoes for walking should not only be about function, but also form. In this case, choose one that comes with an attractive design. This will allow you to wear the shoe casually, even outside of the golf course.
- Material: If you want shoes that are comfortable for walking on the golf course, pick the right material. Leather is a good choice because it is flexible, allowing you to walk comfortably. Polyester and synthetic materials, on the other hand, are lightweight and thin, although not as durable as leather.
Top Picks for the Best Golf Shoes for Walking
In this section, we will have a quick look at five of the options that you might want to consider, as well as their most notable features.
1. Adidas Men’s Tech Response 4.0 Golf Shoe
The cleats in this shoe make this an option that is better than many others. There are six cleats and they are positioned in strategic places to provide the best in terms of stability. You can expect that it will cling powerfully on the ground.
The EVA insole is another feature that is worth noting. The latter is the one that is responsible for improving the cushioning, which is vital for your comfort. With this, even if you have to do a lot of walking, you will not end up with a sore foot.
Another reason why this makes a great option for the best golf shoes for walking is the use of the right materials. The upper is made from a combination of synthetic fabric and mesh. The latter will improve ventilation.
Lastly, it is also a good thing that it comes with a large toe box. This means that your foot will not feel constricted, making it easier for you to walk.
2. Men’s Footjoy Hyperflex Golf Spike
Technically speaking, it has various design elements that will make it excellent for walking and stability. One that you might love is the Heel Optimized Performance Stabilizer. This is an innovative feature that will help to keep the foot in a secured position.
The Flex Grid 2.0 upper can also be exceptional. The latter will conform to the shape of your foot. Also, it is flexible enough to follow your movements. This is one thing that can help to improve your swing.
Also, it comes with FTF 2.0 Next Generation cushioning. This improves the quality of the footbed, providing a soft surface that makes it more comfortable.
Lastly, it also has Fast Twist System Tornado. The leather is integrated into its cleats. Designed exclusively by Softspikes, the latter will make sure that it will be able to offer the best when it comes to surface traction.
3. Nike Golf Men’s Nike Lunar Control II Golf Shoe
The mere fact that it is made by Nike can already be a good reason to have it chosen above other alternatives that you can find in the market. One of the design features that I personally love is the presence of 7 cleats, which are vital for stability.
The waterproof construction of the shoe is one more reason why this can be an impressive pick. Even if you have to walk on wet ground or when it is raining, it is a good thing that water will not penetrate inside.
You might also love the minimalist design of the shoe. The simple swoosh design will be captivating. It is available in 10 colors.
If you are thinking of your comfort, you might love it as well. It comes with a tongue that is made from mesh, which can improve air circulation.
Lastly, it also has flexible construction, unlike others that can prove to be too stiff. With this, you can move more naturally when you are walking. It is almost unlikely that you will complain of pain and discomfort, even if you have to walk for an extended period.
4. ECCO Men’s Biom Hybrid 2 Golf Shoe
While there are many innovative features that you can find in the shoe, one of the most commendable is the Hydromax technology. The latter is the one that is responsible for offering excellent weather-resistance. It also helps to fight moisture and sweat, which is another good reason to choose it for walking.
If you want to have shoes that will look as good as new even after a long time of use, you might also be happy with this pair. It is made from materials that will not be easily prone to staining. Regular cleaning, of course, is necessary to maintain the shoe in its tip-top condition.
It should also be noted that it comes with an anatomical shape. 2,500 athletes have been tested and the results were used to inspire the design of the shoe. This can provide you with the assurance that it will be supportive and comfortable.
Lastly, it has technical insole system. The latter will prevent the unwanted movement of the foot during your swing. This also makes it more comfortable for walking.
5. Skechers Performance Men’s Go Golf Tour Elite Golf Shoe
If you prefer spikeless golf shoe, this is one option you might want to include in your list. It comes with a flat bottom, which optimizes its performance for walking. However, the absence of cleats would also mean that its traction can be inferior on wet surfaces.
For comfort and stability, it also comes with an impressive design. One thing that makes this possible is the cushioned insole. The TPU shank, on the other hand, will support the ankle and help improve stability.
In sum, from the five products that have been reviewed above for the best golf shoes for walking, if there is only one I can recommend, it would be Adidas Men’s Tech Response 4.0 Golf Shoe. From durability to comfort, it can prove to be an excellent choice. For sure, you will feel more comfortable, even if it means that you have to go on a lot of walking on the golf course.